[Mediawiki-l] Setting up clamav for chrooted apache

tojja at Safe-mail.net tojja at Safe-mail.net
Mon Aug 30 02:15:17 UTC 2010

Hi, I am experiencing a problem running clamav on an OpenBSD machine.  Apache comes chrooted by default (a configuration I want to keep) therefore when the apache user tries to scan a file it finds that no executable named clamscan or clamdscan is inside the chroot.  Now I've tried to copy/synlink the executable(s) and the dependent files under the chroot and execute the scan however in my debug log file I always get:

UploadBase::detectVirus: running virus scan: /usr/local/bin/clamdscan --no-summary '/tmp/phpqkflgiwo' 2>&1
wfShellExec: /usr/local/bin/clamdscan --no-summary '/tmp/phpqkflgiwo' 2>&1
Possibly missing executable file: /usr/local/bin/clamdscan --no-summary '/tmp/phpqkflgiwo' 2>&1
UploadBase::detectVirus: failed to scan /tmp/phpqkflgiwo (code 127).