[Mediawiki-l] "WARNING: This page is XX kilobytes long" - what browsers are affected in 2010?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 22:43:22 UTC 2010

MediaWiki seems to still include the default notice:

"WARNING: This page is XX kilobytes long; some browsers may have
problems editing pages approaching or longer than 32kb. Please
consider breaking the page into smaller sections."

I understand this was in place for the last few Netscape 4 users in
the world. Are there still browsers known to have trouble with editing
32KB pages? Perhaps some of those wonderful phone browsers that give
us all such joy. What sort of size limit is there in practice these
days?

(I personally like keeping pages under 32KB for stylistic reasons, but
that's just me.)

- d.