[Mediawiki-l] Restricted Area(s)

Graham tolliver at dal.ca
Mon Aug 16 16:31:19 UTC 2010

Hello,

I have been requested to grant a specific group of users, access to one
Namespace on an existing wiki (not currently using Namespace).

The complete request is:

- setup a group of user so that they can only access one Namespace/Group
on wiki
- Add other Namespaces and assign the existing users accordingly

I am aware that all users can view the main Namespace; is there a way to
prevent the group setup to view only one Namespace, from accessing the
main Namespace? Is there a method of preventing user from even seeing
menu selections?

Is it a big chore, or even advisable to move main pages to different
Namespaces?

I have Namespaces & Group permissions setup on my test wiki, and it
works fine.

One last question:
Is there a way of moving multiple pages to a Namespace?

Thanks.