[Mediawiki-l] Dumb Question about Linking to Images/Files in File System

Chuck Carson Chuck.Carson at uav.com
Fri Aug 13 16:24:38 UTC 2010

I played around with trying to manually upload images and documents (like pdf’s) to my wiki server and referencing them like so: [[media:example.pdf]]

I could not for the life of me figure out that directory is was looking for these in.. When I enabled file uploads and uploaded a file that way, it would then resolve correctly.

Can you manually upload content and if so, what directory does it look in?

Thx,
CC