[Mediawiki-l] CategoryTree extension

Jim Sutton jimsuttonuk at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 08:54:16 UTC 2010

Hi. I sent the below a while ago but didn't get a response from anyone. Does
anyone use the CategoryTree extension? To recap. This is the problem I'm
having with it:

Apologies if this has already been asked. I've checked the discussion page
for the CategoryTree extension and it looks like the problem I'm having has
been reported but I can't see an obvious solution.

I'm running MediaWiki 1.16.0 . I've installed the CategoryTree extension and
it does seem to be working. The problem I have is that when there are no
subcategories under a category I still get an + symbol next to the category
when I think it should display an x symbol. When I click on the + symbol I
get the message 'no subcategories'. Also, when there are no subcategories
and no pages under the category I do get the x symbol but it's still
clickable and after clicking on it it turns into an + symbol. Only after
refreshing the page does it return back to a x. Basically I want my
categories to expand in the same way as the categories in MediaWiki.org at
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Category:Top_level . Has anyone had the same
problem as me? Thanks for your help.

Jim