[Mediawiki-l] Wikitext grammar

lmhelp lmbox at wanadoo.fr
Sun Aug 8 19:49:18 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have abandonned "Bliki" because look what happenned:

Here is what I gave to "Bliki" as an input:
Le {{Guil|'''parti philosophique'''}} désignait globalement au
{{s-|XVIII|e|}},
en [[France]], les intellectuels partisans du mouvement des
[[Lumières (philosophie)|Lumières]], par opposition au parti dit dévôt.

And here is what I got as an (HTML) output:
< a href="http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/France" title="France">France ,
les intellectuels partisans du mouvement des
< a href="http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lumi%C3%A8res_(philosophie)"
title="Lumières (philosophie)">Lumières , par opposition au parti dit dévôt.

The two templates:
- {{Guil|'''parti philosophique'''}}
- {{s-|XVIII|e|}}
haven't been resolved correctly, respectively:
- {{Guil}}
- {{s-}}

I think this is worse than not being resolved at all because, here
for instance, we lost information.

I don't know if it's normal or not.
I don't know either if this is the good forum for such a thread...
Indeed, I have the impression that you mostly work with "wiki"s
not with some programs dealing with "Wikitext"s like Java programs...

Someone told me: why not use the real parser?
Ok. I am not against it but where can it be found?
Can you give me the URL?

Thanks.
Best regards,
--