[Mediawiki-l] Wikitext grammar

lmhelp lmbox at wanadoo.fr
Sat Aug 7 18:21:31 UTC 2010

> mwlib was written in conjunction with the WMF, and IIRC had at least some
> input from Brion Vibber. It's high quality and works well. There is a 2-3
> hour learning curve for navigating the python modules and methods using
> dir
> and help.

Well, in front of the evidence... "{{lang}}" and "{{formatnum...}}" are not
processed... Well, I guess I should stop insisting on that.

> IIRC dumpHTML is a maintenance script that is included with mediawiki. I
> don't believe that it requires you to have images. I have used both of the
> approaches I described to you in the past, and found them both to be
> straightforward.

Ok. I have looked closer. I have downloaded "DumpHTML" and tried to
execute it with a file containing my "Wikitext" sentence.
"DumpHTML" is not OK for me.

See from: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:ExtensionDistributor

    "The tar archive should be extracted into your extensions directory.
     For example, on a unix-like OS:
     tar -xzf DumpHTML-MW1.16-r59064.tar.gz -C
/var/www/mediawiki/extensions"

I have no "extensions directory" because I have no "wiki".
I have sentences, isolated sentences (actually "Java" "String" objects)
which I am
manipulating through a "Java" program.

Thanks and all the best,
--