[Mediawiki-l] installing fck editor

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 23:20:50 UTC 2010

nevio carlos de alarcão wrote:

>> Modify configuration file
>
> After you've downloaded<http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:FCKeditor_(Official)#Download_the_extension>
> the
>> extension and actual editor, add this line at the end of LocalSettings.php<http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:LocalSettings.php>
>> :
>
> require_once("$IP/extensions/FCKeditor/FCKeditor.php");
>
> Also make sure $wgUseAjax <http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgUseAjax> is
> turned on (it is by default on newer MediaWikis).
>
> I've finally decided to do this. But I've got two doubts:
>
> 1) I've download the extension. What about "actual editor"? What does it
> mean?

It has two pieces. The fck editor, and the extension gluing it and
mediawiki.
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:ExtensionDistributor/FCKeditor
You may find easier to download it (full) from
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:ExtensionDistributor/FCKeditor

> 2) Where do I turn on this $wgUseAlax? I mean, where is this line?

You would add it to LocalSettings.php but it shouldn't be needed (you're
on latest mediawiki, aren't you?).