[Mediawiki-l] grabbing Article TOCs

James W. Fishwick fishwick at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 02:48:56 UTC 2010

Hi,

Is there a way to put duplicate TOCs in a article? Or grab one page's TOC
from another? Or use a template or extension to create a de facto TOC?

I have a request for a wikibook I'm putting together to have a
fixed-position sidebar that has a expandable, up-to- date TOC always there.
Ideally, I could use a template using [
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:CustomNavBlocks CustomNavBlocks]
that would either allow me to move the per article TOC into that position or
duplicate it there.

I am also interested in being able to sew together a global dynamic TOC from
all the article TOCs in the Main Page of the "book."

Thanks for any help you can provide.

--
James Fishwick
fishwick at gmail.com