[Mediawiki-l] pictures in a media description page (via template) have incorrect URL

Uwe Baumbach U.Baumbach at web.de
Mon Apr 19 12:43:22 UTC 2010

Hi,

on  http://wiki-de.genealogy.net and http://wiki-commons.genealogy.net we carry MW installations of version 1.14.1.

Media files and their description pages are in wiki-commons and are both shown in wiki-de as a dynamic import (like in WP installation).

In cases we have a wiki-commons template with media file (image) in the media description page (licence info box, media type info box)  - in wiki-commons all goes well only the dynamic imported description pages in wiki-de do not show such images, but only a red (wrong) URL to wiki-de (!). The only work-around we found is to configure the image in the template with a size parameter. Surprisingly then the images get the correct URL from wiki-commons too when the description page is shown in wiki-de!

Is this a (known) MW bug (parser?) or a misconfiguration of our wikis?

--
Ich freue mich auf Deine/Ihre Antwort!
Uwe (Baumbach)
U.Baumbach at web.de