[Mediawiki-l] Breadcrumbs?

Deon Metelski dmetelski at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 01:22:21 UTC 2010

Deon Metelski wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just created subpages and enabled them for the Custom NameSpace that I
> created. My question is does the breadcrumb bar show automatically with
> subpages or do I have to install the extension breadcrumb? I am not sure
if
> this is a built-in feature already on mediwiki or it is the extension.
>
> Thank you,
> Deon

>As long as the namespace appears in $wgNamespacesWithSubpages, >the
>breadcrumbs should magically show up.

>Sean McAfee
>Senior Systems Engineer

I even went to the Monobook theme and it still does not show. I am creating
the subpages through Semantic Forms so i am not sure if that is causing
issues...my LocalSetting.php has the following which I think is correct

$wgExtraNamespaces[200] = "Lesson";
$wgExtraNamespaces[201] = "Lesson_talk";
$wgExtraNamespaces[202] = "ProjectLearning";
$wgExtraNamespaces[203] = "ProjectLearning_talk";

$wgContentNamespaces[] = 200;
$wgContentNamespaces[] = 202;

define("NS_PROJECTLEARNING", 200);
define("NS_LESSON_TALK", 201);
define("NS_PROJECTLEARNING_TALK", 202);

$wgNamespacesWithSubpages [NS_PROJECTLEARNING] = true;
$wgNamespacesWithSubpages [NS_PROJECTLEARNING_TALK] = true;
$wgNamespacesWithSubpages [NS_LESSON_TALK] = true;

If anyone can confirm these settings would work o generate breadcrumbs I can
look at the Semantic Form extension/templates
Thanks,
Deon