[Mediawiki-l] Thumbnailing images from a website

CVB clausvb.wikipedia at mailnull.com
Thu Sep 17 10:44:45 UTC 2009

Perhaps I am wrong, but I think you will need to program an Extension.

The following Syntax will NOT work:

[http://ix.de [[File:2009-06-04_pic.png]]]

I have take more than 20 minutes to search
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Configuration_settings
but I could not find anything to
- use external images
- create external hyperlinks with thumbnails

Therefore you have to write your own extension, which should not be
too hard in this matter.

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Extensions

Regards,
Claus

PS: If you have never written an Extension, here is a short example:

---
$wgExtensionFunctions[] = 'example';

function example()
{
    global $wgParser;
    $wgParser->setHook('example', 'process_input');
}

function process_input($input, $args, $parser)
{
    return 'Hello World! Your input: ' . htmlspecialchars($input);
}
---