[Mediawiki-l] Importing XML with restrictions tag

Peter Bloem | Gridline B.V. peter at gridline.nl
Wed Sep 16 14:33:52 UTC 2009

Hi,

We've written a script that imports data from a non-wiki source into our
wiki by transforming it to XML import files, and importing it with the
importdump.php maintenance script. This all works very well, except that
we would like to protect the imported pages. As specified in the help
pages, I've included a line
<restrictions>edit=sysop:move=sysop</restrictions> in the page element.
Unfortunately, this doesn't work (I've tried other values as well).

Is this just reserved syntax for a planned feature, or should it
actually work? I've noticed that something does happen for the
restrictions element in the php code, but I can't work out what. If it
should work, can anyone tell me what the syntax is supposed to be?

many thank,
 Peter