[Mediawiki-l] Using dynamically generated images using cgi

Max virtual.maxime at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 10:02:07 UTC 2009

Hello everyone !

I wrote some python scripts outputting images (svg format - I'm using
matplotlib).
My mediawiki is running on a closed intranet at this url :
http://wiki/mediawiki/index.php
I can show my image at this url : http://wiki/cgi-bin/my_script.py

So, I wonder how to show this image on a page of the wiki (assuming
that I'm a random registered user of the site, that I'm editing some
page and that I know the name of the script).

Obviously I can't upload the image -> [[Image:my_script.py]] won't
work (as far as I know)

Using an external link works : [http://wiki/cgi-bin/my_script.py] but
I don't like to use an hard-coded url as the website url is subject to
change.
(little question : I'm just seeing the link and not the image, does
someone remember the option to set in order to see externally linked
images ?)

Finally, Is there any other smarter way to do this ?

Thanks ! :)

Maxime

ps: I apologize for my english (I'm french), feel free to correct my text.
pps : I'm using :
MediaWiki      1.15.1
PHP     5.3.0 (apache2handler)
MySQL     5.1.37-community-log