[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki 1.15.1 on Vista Home Premium Edition install error

cknell at onebox.com cknell at onebox.com
Tue Sep 8 21:16:46 UTC 2009

I'm not certain that I have a clear understanding of the relationship between the Apache Web Server and PHP. I can't say exactly where I got the idea, but it is my impression that the PHP executable is called by httpd, and given that, PHP would be executing under the same user account as Apache. If that is so, then the answer to the question:

"Are the Mysql dlls etc. readable/executable by the user account that is running php?"

is "Yes". I have started httpd manually by opening a command window as the Windows Administrator which has full control over the mysqld.exe file.
--
Charles Knell
cknell at onebox.com - email