[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki 1.15.1 on Vista Home Premium Edition install error

cknell at onebox.com cknell at onebox.com
Tue Sep 8 19:02:38 UTC 2009

Tell me if I understand correctly.

In order to use MySQL, PHP must load the extension php_mysql.dll.

This file is located in the "ext" subdirectory one level down from the root of the php install directory.

In order to load this file, the directory must be in the search path. On my computer, the directory is d:\php\ext

If I see "d:\php\ext" in my search path ( I type "echo %PATH%" and <Enter> at a command window prompt to see it.), then PHP should be able to load this .dll.

If all of these things are correct and yet PHP is not able to load MySQL, then I have a serious problem with the PHP installation.

Given that I have yet to set up anything beyond basic installation, I have no great investment in this configuration. Is it your recommendation that I uninstall all the constituent pieces and start over?

Thanks.
--
Charles Knell
cknell at onebox.com - email