[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki and Mimetypes problems

ccornell - OpenOffice.org ccornell at openoffice.org
Tue Sep 8 14:29:35 UTC 2009

I've been trying to fix this one on the OpenOffice.org Wiki for a while,
but am getting nowhere... maybe someone here has an idea?

I've defined these mime types in both the apache2/conf/mime.types file
and in the wiki/includes/mime.types file:

application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.chart                 odc
application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.chart-template        otc
application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.database              odb
application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.formula               odf
application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.formula-template      otf
application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.graphics              odg
application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.graphics-template     otg
application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.image                 odi
application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.image-template        oti
application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.presentation          odp
application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.presentation-template otp
application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet           ods
application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet-template  ots
application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text                  odt
application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-master           odm
application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-template         ott
application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-web              oth
application/vnd.openofficeorg.extension                  oxt

These should be correctly defined according to the standards outlined
here: http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/

These file extensions are also defined in the $wgFileExtensions variable
in LocalSettings.php.

This seems to be working except for the OXT definition - the last one.
When a Wiki user attempts to upload an OXT file to the Wiki they get an
error message:
============
The file is corrupt or has an incorrect extension. Please check the file
and upload again.

I've checked the file with file -bi and it returns application/x-zip.
Since this does not match what the file really is (ie
application/vnd.openofficeorg.extension) then the error is returned.

So, my question is... what needs to be done to convince the Wiki that
the OXT file is really application/vnd.openofficeorg.extension?  Is this
an error in the creation of the OXT file? or possibly something I've
done wrong on the Wiki admin side? or... ??

C.