[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki 1.15.1 on Vista Home Premium Edition install error

cknell at onebox.com cknell at onebox.com
Tue Sep 8 02:17:41 UTC 2009

OK, thread restored.

Am I looking for a table identified as MySQL or for a value in one of the cells of the tables?

There is no table called MySQL. The configuration section has the following tables:

PHP Core
apache2handler
Apache Environment
HTTP Headers Information
bcmath
calendar
com_dotnet
ctype
date
dom
filter
ftp
hash
iconv
json
libxml
odbc
pcre
Reflection
session
SimpleXML
SPL
standard
tokenizer
wddx
xml
xmlreader
xsmwriter
zlib
Additional Modules (no rows in this table)
Environment
PHP Variables
PHP License
====================
Please, don't break threading.

cknell at onebox.com wrote:
> What do I look for in the output?

A header called mysql
And the table below would have:
"MySQL Support	enabled"

====================
What do I look for in the output?
--
Charles Knell
cknell at onebox.com - email

====================
mysqli is not needed, just mysql.

The problemm is that, even though you have MySQL working standalone, you
don't have mysql working with php.
Run a phpinfo(), if mysql extension were properly installed, it would
appear there.

====================
My environment:

Windows Vista Home Premium Edition
Apache 2.2.13 (Win32)
MySQL 5.1.38 MySQL Community Server
PHP 5.2.10
MediaWiki 1.15.1

I have installed and tested Apache. It's working.
I have installed and tested MySQL. It's working.
I have installed and tested PHP. It's working.

When I attempt to install MediaWiki, I get an error message telling me that it
"Could not find a suitable database driver."

I have only one php.ini file on my system and according to the phpinfo()
function, that is the one that is loaded.

Both the php_mysql.dll and php_mysqli.dll are listed in php.ini and not
commented out in the extensions section:

extension=php_mysql.dll
extension=php_mysqli.dll

Please, can someone suggest something else to check or do that will enable me
to install MediaWiki?

--
Charles Knell
cknell at onebox.com - email