[Mediawiki-l] new extension matrix bot

Brian Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu
Sun Sep 6 05:48:16 UTC 2009

I find the extension matrix to be very useful so I put together a new bot.
The old one has been dead for over a year. I don't promise that its bug free
and it's not as beautiful as the current (yet), but it has a few features
that I think make it more desirable than the previous bot and current system
where things are updated by hand:

* Lists 335 more extensions than the current matrix
* The style and content of the matrix are able to be programmed by users.
All of the original template calls provided by the authors are there so
anyone who wants to do fancy wiki markup can.
* There is now a bot (major improvement! ;) I am running it in a nightly
cron job on a highly available server.
* The source code has comments and is posted on the wiki.

It would have been highly preferable to do this project using Semantic
MediaWiki. I could have written a single style template and a single #ask
query and it would be fully updated at all times without a bot.

Here's the extension matrix. It would be nice to replace the current matrix
at some point.

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Alterego/ExtensionMatrix

Cheers,
/Brian