[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki 1.15.1 on Vista Home Premium Edition install error

cknell at onebox.com cknell at onebox.com
Sat Sep 5 11:26:35 UTC 2009

I have downloaded and installed all the constituent parts of MediaWiki 1.15.1 on Windows Vista Home Premium Edition.

Apache works
PHP works
MySQL is installed via the .msi package.
The MySQL bin directory is in the path as verified by opening a CL window and typing "echo %PATH%"

I have installed MediaWiki according to the instructions, and when I point my browser to it, I get a message telling me that:

PHP 5.2.10 installed
   Could not find a suitable database driver!

It then goes on to describe how to compile PHP depending on which database I plan to use.

I think there must be some simple error int he PHP configuration file that is holding things up, but as a novice with this technology, I am hoping that one of you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

--
Charles Knell
cknell at onebox.com - email