[Mediawiki-l] Installation errors with postgresql 8.3.7

Madhav Ancha madhavancha at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 19:00:10 UTC 2009

Hi,

   When trying to run the configuration script from the browser, I get the
following error. Doesn't look like its connecting to postgres. But from a
shell, I can successfully do a psql -U wikiuser -d wikidb. Did anyone else
encounter this issue?

Thanks,
Madhav.
MediaWiki 1.15.1 Installation

   - *Don't forget security updates!* Keep an eye on the low-traffic release
   announcements mailing
list<http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-announce>.

Checking environment...

*Please include all of the lines below when reporting installation problems.
*

   - PHP 5.2.9 installed
   - Found database drivers for: MySQL PostgreSQL SQLite
   - PHP server API is apache2handler; ok, using pretty URLs (
   index.php/Page_Title)
   - Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
   - Session save path (/var/lib/php/session) appears to be valid.
   - PHP's memory_limit is 32M.
   - Couldn't find Turck MMCache <http://turck-mmcache.sourceforge.net/>,
   eAccelerator <http://eaccelerator.sourceforge.net/>,
APC<http://www.php.net/apc>or
   XCache <http://trac.lighttpd.net/xcache/>; cannot use these for object
   caching.
   - Found GNU diff3: /usr/bin/diff3.
   - Found ImageMagick: /usr/bin/convert; image thumbnailing will be enabled
   if you enable uploads.
   - Installation directory: /var/www/html/intrakgp
   - Script URI path: /intrakgp
   - Installing MediaWiki with php file extensions
   - Environment checked. You can install MediaWiki.
   -

   *Generating configuration file...*
   - Database type: PostgreSQL
   - Attempting to connect to database "wikidb" as "wikiuser"... error: No
   database connection
   - Checking the version of Postgres...
   *Warning*: pg_version(): supplied argument is not a valid PostgreSQL link
   resource in */var/www/html/intrakgp/includes/db/DatabasePostgres.php* on
   line *1078*
   *FAILED*. Required version is 8.1. You have 7.3 or earlier