[Mediawiki-l] Problem with reCaptcha extension: Additional tag in HTML source

Paul Fels ichwillwerbung at yahoo.com.sg
Tue Sep 1 14:13:21 UTC 2009

Hi,

due to repeating spam attacks against my wiki I tried the reCaptcha extension.
Somehow, the extension screws up the HTML source of the pages.
Now,
the source of each page from my wiki begins with </pre>,
followed by the DOCTYPE definition and the rest of the page.

Most
browsers ignore that tag, however, the RSS feed don't work anymore,
since the XML cannot be interpreted correctly if this tag is at the
begin of the feed.

I've tried to update the underlying ConfirmEdit extension, but with no success,the problem still persists.
MW is version 1.15.1, the reCaptcha Plugin is version 1.7

Any hints?
Paul

      New Email names for you!
Hurry before someone else does!