[Mediawiki-l] Importing an Excel Spread sheet (Jan Steinman)

Chris Reigrut chris at reigrut.net
Thu Oct 22 14:52:35 UTC 2009

Another slightly easier option is to use the SimpleTable extension
(http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SimpleTable) to display a CSV
export.
> From: Jan Steinman <Jan at Bytesmiths.com
>> From: "DaveM" <davem at triumphtalk.com>
>>
>> Is there anyway to import a spreadsheet into my Wiki. I have quite a
>> bit of
>> information I need to place in my WiKi and it is on an excel
>> spreadsheet.
>> Now to have to make up tables for all this will take me forever so
>> is there
>> an easer way of getting this into my WikI beside just adding the
>> spread
>> sheet as a download
>>

> <snip>
> Another way that's more interactive is to export them as CSV files,
> import them into their own tables in MySQL, then use the sql2wiki
> extension to display them. This is much more versatile, but can only
> be done on a trusted site, as you generally don't want just anyone
> sending arbitrary SQL to your database. You can also update and change
> the tables at will, and have the changes instantly show up on the wiki.
> </snip>

Chris Reigrut                                Home: +1-303-682-9630
chris at reigrut.net                          Mobile: +1-303-960-9831
http://www.reigrut.net

"You live and learn, or you don't live long" -- Robert A. Heinlein