[Mediawiki-l] Help with help pages

Laura O'Grady laura at lauraogrady.ca
Sun Oct 18 22:56:37 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I followed the instructions at
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Copying to install the public domain
help pages at my wiki. I'm not sure what happened but I think the export
process has somehow been tampered with. Please see the results here:

http://lauraogrady.ca/ckbwiki/index.php/Help:Contents

If you scroll through this page you will see that is repeats the same
content (Template then Usage).

Has anyone recently installed the help files? If so, did you get it to
work?

Also I followed the instructions at
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:ListFiles to grab all the images
associate with the help pages. There are literally hundreds of them and
it took a considerable amount of time to grab them one file at a time. I
haven't uploaded them yet due to the problem with the help pages. My
question is could they not be provided in a zip/compressed format for
download?

Thanks.

Laura