[Mediawiki-l] JS2 and jquery

Gregor Hagedorn g.m.hagedorn at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 15:33:49 UTC 2009

We need some help with the new JS2 method. Th documentation is
understandably a bit patchy
(http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk:JS2_Overview - anything better or
more?).

Scenario: we use jquery for javascript that resides in the mediawiki
namespace and is called through mediawiki:common.js
In the last months, the usability initiative has provided the
necessary jquery core library. With the update to the current
mediawiki revision (as used by wikipedia) this no longer works. I
understand that JS2 provides a superior mechanism. And I understand
that ulitmately, putting language strings into php might be
beneficial.

For the moment, however: Is there a simple cooking recipe to simply
make use of JS2 for having jquery loaded? We could write an extension,
to hardcode that, but we would like to move forward and start using
JS2.

thanks in advance!

Gregor

--
Dr. Gregor Hagedorn

This message is sent on a personal basis and does not constitute an
activity of the German Federal Government or its research
institutions. Together with any attachments, this message is intended
only for the person to whom it is addressed and may not be
redistributed or published without permission.