[Mediawiki-l] Edit functionality buttons - Standard MediaWiki

David Price David.Price at austinsmithlord.com
Thu Oct 15 08:56:42 UTC 2009

Dear All
I believe when you edit a page in MediaWiki the formatting toolbar allowing font attributes such as bold and italic to be applied (and tables, links to images etc to be created) simply by clicking a button, in much the same way as in MS Word. The toolbar is a standard MediaWiki feature.
I have installed MediaWiki which has been running for 9 months.  I have tried to apply these features but they do not appear.  I believe these are a standard feature in MediaWiki.
Can anyone advise?
Kind Regards
David