[Mediawiki-l] Announcement: Semantic MediaWiki Camp 2009, Karlsruhe, Germany Nov. 7-8

Yaron Koren yaron57 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 16:53:32 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,
I wanted to announce the upcoming Semantic MediaWiki Camp, or SMW Camp,
which will be held in Karlsruhe, Germany just about a month now, on the
weekend of November 7-8. This event is the successor to previous meetings of
the SMW community (though it's the first with the "SMW Camp" name), and it
will feature many of the developers of SMW and its related extensions,
including Markus Krötzsch, Denny Vrandecic, the team behind the Halo
extension, myself and others. Even for those who have never used SMW but are
simply curious about it, I think this will be a worthwhile event: the first
day will feature tutorials about the SMW system, including how-to
demonstrations and SMW's place in both the wiki and semantic-web worlds; so
newcomers will be able to get a full hands-on understanding of the system.

The registration fee for the entire event is 15 euros. You can see more
information about the event, and register, here:

http://smwforum.ontoprise.com/smwforum/index.php/SMW_Camp_09

I hope to see some of you in Karlsruhe!

-Yaron