[Mediawiki-l] Upgrade from 1.10 on Ubuntu to 1.15 on CentOS

Matthew Richards Matthew.Richards at contentkeeper.com
Mon Oct 12 00:14:12 UTC 2009

Hi All,

My Ubuntu server running mediawiki 1.10 died and I am moving to mediawiki 1.15 on CentOS. Both installations use mysql.

I have temporarily resurrected my 1.10 install so that I can recover the wiki content from the mysql database.

Can I simply export the mysql database from my 1.10 install and merge it with my fresh 1.15 install (assuming no table prefixes), or do I need to keep both versions the same to migrate the mysql data and then upgrade the new install afterwards?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Matthew