[Mediawiki-l] Is it possible to copy pages

Tony Molloy tony.molloy at ul.ie
Fri Oct 9 07:21:15 UTC 2009

HI,

I'm new to wikis and mediawiki in particular.  In order to learn how mediawiki
and wikitext works I'm building a "Wiki Primer" wiki for our students to use
with lots of examples and have two problems.

1.  I've seen that you can move and rename pages but is it possible to copy
     pages
         copy pageX to pageY
     and have them separately editable afterwards.

2.  If I have a big page ( way too big ) with several sections. Is it possible
     to make each section into it's own page.

Now I know I can do both of these with cut-and-paste but I was just wondering
if there is an easier way.

Thanks,

Tony
--