[Mediawiki-l] Javascript and Permissions?

Alessandra alessandra.bilardi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 17:04:27 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I created a form with extension:Simple Forms. I use
extension:ExtAuthDB and extension:AdminWhiteList to read users and
their permission.
I'm using mediawiki 1.14 release. I created a javascript code that I
added into index.php so that it is always loaded.
Well, I tested that with admin this js code works instead, with simple
user this js code does not work.

I have got other mediawiki site with 1.14 release with wiki user and
permission system; so that I tested form with extension:Simple Forms
and javascript code. js code works with admin and simple user.

I tested form with extension:Simple Forms and javascript code (plus
extension:ExtAuthDB and extension:AdminWhiteList to read users and
their permission) in 1.15.1 release and js code works only with
administrator..

js code works with admin with $wgUseAjax = true; line and $wgUseAjax =
false; line.
Can you help me about where I could search error about permissions/js?

My js code is simple:

function multrtpcr(f,i) {
 var A, B, C;
 if (i == 0) {
  A = document.forms[f].a.value;
  B = document.forms[f].b.value;
  C = (A * B);
  document.forms[f].c.value = C;
 } else if (i == 1) {
  A = document.forms[f].d.value;
  B = document.forms[f].e.value;
  C = (A * B);
  document.forms[f].f.value = C;
 } else if (i == 2) {
  A = document.forms[f].g.value;
  B = document.forms[f].h.value;
  C = (A * B);
  document.forms[f].i.value = C;
 }
 document.forms[f].tipo_abb.value = 'RTA'+A;
}