[Mediawiki-l] Branching the vector skin in skins/

Brian J Mingus Brian.Mingus at Colorado.EDU
Mon Oct 5 21:00:53 UTC 2009

I made a bunch of modifications to the vector skin but I would like to keep
the original skin available and not get svn conflicts so it makes sense to
copy my new skin over to a new name. I changed all the obvious variables and
made sure to get the things mentioned in the manual (which appears to be for
mediawiki 1.14, but I am using wmf-deploy) but all I get is monobook. Here
are the basic renaming steps I did:

cp -r vector vector_emergent
cp Vector.php Vector_emergent.php
cp Vector.deps.php Vector_emergent.deps.php

SkinVector -> SkinVectorEmergent
VectorTemplate -> VectorEmergentTemplate
$skinname = 'vector_emergent'
$stylename = 'vector_emergent'

You can see the modified skin here (an in-place modification of the vector
skin): http://grey.colorado.edu/emergent
And my attempt to rename it here:
http://grey.colorado.edu/emergent/index.php?title=Main_Page&useskin=Vector_emergent

Any tips greatly appreciated!