[Mediawiki-l] Custom Namespace Internationalization

Johnny Williamson johnnyrw at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 20:35:29 UTC 2009

I've added several custom namespaces constants to 'includes/Defines.php'
then added those associated with a canonical name form to $wgExtraNamespaces
in 'LocalSettings.php'. This works just fine and correctly lists all my
custom namespaces in the wiki. However, I can't figure out how to provide
translations for these forms. I've tried adding the translation to the
appropriate Message file in the $namespaceNames array (i.e.
'languages/messages/MessagesEs.php'). However, when switching the wiki
language, the standard namespace translations appear correctly, but it
doesn't seem to pick up on any translations for my custom namespaces. Any
ideas?

Thanks for any input.
-- Johnny