[Mediawiki-l] External Image displays only link with $wgAllowExternalImages = true;

Mike Lisanke mikelisanke at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 06:19:41 UTC 2009

Q,

I've tried many forms for the external image reference including just
including the URL without other formatting as you and the wiki documentation
indicate. All I see is the hypertext link on the page. I've triple checked
the $wgAllowExternalImages = true;, and that the LocalSettings.php was
actually being reparsed (I also changed the sitename). I also restarted the
postgres db and apache servers (I didn't know what level of restart this
configuration change required). Also, I've tried several different types of
imported image from several different locations.

I appreciate your suggestion. Any other things I haven't considered?
Thanks.

--
Best regards,

Mike