[Mediawiki-l] External Image displays only link with $wgAllowExternalImages = true;

Mike Lisanke mikelisanke at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 03:17:07 UTC 2009

I've enabled external images with the above statement in my
LocalSettings.php, and try many syntax (from help text googled from web and
mediawiki documentation). It appears nothing I've done has enabled external
images or link to them. Only the working link to an image is displayed on my
wiki page. I'm aware of notes that image links which do not explicitly look
(to mediawiki's parser) like an image will be treated as a link.

Is there any step missing from the magic incantations needed to get external
images? Thanks for any help.

--
Best regards,

Mike