[Mediawiki-l] How to get logged-in user?

Jan Steinman Jan at bytesmiths.com
Thu Nov 19 01:00:55 UTC 2009

I would like to use Parser Functions together with the current logged
in user to have conditional output from within <sql2wiki> tags, so
that logged-in users get to see things that anonymous users can't see.

Ideally, I'd like to get the mw_user.user_id integer, as I'm using
that as a primary key into an extended user information table.

I did crawl around meta.wikimedia.org (including Help:Variable, Help:Magic
, etc.) looking for this, to no avail.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

:::: Political language -- and with variations this is true of all
political parties, from Conservatives to Anarchists -- is designed to
make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an
appearance of solidity to pure wind. -- George Orwell ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.EcoReality.org ::::