[Mediawiki-l] Sorry! We could not process your edit due to a loss of session data. --> rights of php session dir are fine!

Folkert van Heusden folkert at vanheusden.com
Sat Nov 14 18:19:20 UTC 2009

Hi,

Sessions fail on my wiki for some reason. I get the following error
message:
Sorry! We could not process your edit due to a loss of session data.
I verified the rights-settings of the session dir:
mauer:/var/log/apache2# ls -lad /var/lib/php5
drwx-wx-wt 2 root root 4096 2009-11-14 19:16 /var/lib/php5
Also, other php applications can create sessions just fine! e.g.
gallery2 keeps its sessions. In the error-log of the wiki no errors
appear.
Using mediawiki 1.15.1
Anyone got a suggestion what could be the cause?

Folkert van Heusden