[Mediawiki-l] CMS::Mediawiki and german umlauts in title

Svip svippy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 11:54:48 UTC 2009

2009/11/12 Sigbert Klinke <sigbert at wiwi.hu-berlin.de>:
> So, my questions are:
>
> 11) Has someone used successfully another software to upload pages with
> german umlauts from files (it can be in any programming language :)
>
> 2.) Has someone successfully used CMS::Mediawiki, encountered the same
> problem and found a solution?
>
> 3.) Maybe someone has an idea what went wrong and can tell me.

I recommend you use MediaWiki's own export feature:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Export
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Import

I am not sure how CMS::Mediawiki works, but it seems to me that it
does not take advantage of MediaWiki's own features - and if so,
doesn't use them to the fullist.

However, I am certain there are much more sophisticated software out
there for this purpose.