[Mediawiki-l] FCKeditor and Mediawiki embedding disappears

Carfrey, Tim (US - Glen Mills) tcarfrey at deloitte.com
Tue Nov 10 17:49:02 UTC 2009

Versions
Mediawiki:1.15.1
FCKeditor: 2.6.4

When you add an image to a page and then you edit the size of the page it
reverts the image back to the original imported size if you edit the page using
the FCKeditor. If you have the rich text editor off you can resize an image and
save it and it will keep the change. But if you turn the rich text editor on
and try to edit the page it will resize the image back to the original size.

Please help me with this issue. I can recreate this issue in our staging and
production environment.

I also see this issue in my personal wiki with the same version but it is
running on Linux.

It happens with any embedding.
we found it removes the embedding from the image. For example if you add an image with wikieditor with this code:
[[Image:myfile.jpg|left|150px]]
then open it in FCKeditor and save it with or without editing the page. The code will change to this:
[[Image:myfile.jpg]]
I feel this is a major issue and show be looked at ASAP.
I run Mediawiki on Windows and a on Linux and on both instances this happens.

Tim C.