[Mediawiki-l] Change Logo works only partially

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Sat Nov 7 15:10:39 UTC 2009

On 11/7/09 2:02 PM, Frank.Neps at gmail.com wrote:
> In the file LocalSettings.php I added the line
>
> $wgLogo = "images/mylogo.png"
>
> Then I copied the file with the above name into the directory images.
>
> The logo is displayed, when I click on "edit" to modify a page. But it is
> not displayed any more, when I switch back to regular view.

"images/mylogo.png"
^ That's a relative path, which is probably not what you want.

If your pages are like this:
http://example.com/wiki/index.php/Somepage

that relative path tells the browser to load the logo from here:
http://example.com/wiki/index.php/images/mylogo.png

Like all other paths in MediaWiki config, probably you wanted a complete
URL path here. If it doesn't start with "http:" or "/" it's almost
certainly wrong.

-- brion