[Mediawiki-l] Does EzMwLucene Support Seaching Key Words in, Different Language?

Chris Reigrut chris at reigrut.net
Thu Nov 5 22:40:47 UTC 2009

That is a current limitation with Unicode support between Lucene and
Mediawiki.  It didn't appear to be a huge issue, more just some slight
differences in how the two products render/handle Unicode, but it's a
big enough problem that we had to put it off at the time.

> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 06:59:12 -0800 (PST)
> From: Ross Xu <rossxunix at yahoo.ca>
> Subject: [Mediawiki-l] Does EzMwLucene Support Seaching Key Words in
> 	Different Language?
> To: mediawiki-l at lists.wikimedia.org
>
> Greetings,
> ?
> I am using EzMwLucene for MediaWiki 1.15.1 as the search engine.
>
> If I search Japanese characters, I always get "No page text matches" even though the pages exist.
>
> If one of the Search results (by searching English words) contains Japanese characters, they all show as question marks (?????????).
>
> Is this a bug, or a problem of my configuration?
> Any idea would be greatly appreciated.
> Ross

Chris Reigrut                                Home: +1-303-682-9630
chris at reigrut.net                          Mobile: +1-303-960-9831
http://www.reigrut.net

"You live and learn, or you don't live long" -- Robert A. Heinlein