[Mediawiki-l] Maps and Semantic Maps 0.4 released

jeroen De Dauw jeroen_dedauw at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 4 16:32:41 UTC 2009

Hey,

I'd like to announce the latest release of Maps [0] and Semantic Maps [1]. These new versions include a load of under the hood changes, as well as new functionality, and the usual bugfixes. Some highlights:

* Added display_map parser function. This parser function is optimized for simply displaying a map without any markers.
* Added OpenStreetMap service, using OpenLayers, but optimized for OSM
* Added 'smart geocoding'. Maps will now auto-detect if a value is an address, and if so, attempt to geocode. This allowed for the removal of display_address(es). All maps with markers are now handled by display_point(s).

For a complete list of changes, see the relevant change logs [2].

I encourage everyone using Maps or Semantic Maps to upgrade as soon as possible, for maximum stability, and use of the new syntax.

If you have any suggestions, or find any bugs, let me know!

[0] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Maps
[1] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Maps
[2] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Maps/Version_history#Maps_0.4, http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Maps/Version_history#Semantic_Maps_0.4

Cheers

--

Jeroen De Dauw

* Forum: code.bn2vs.com
* Blog: blog.bn2vs.com

* Skype: rts.bn.vs
--

Don't panic. Don't be evil.70 72 6F 67 72 61 6D 6D 69 6E 67 20 34 20 6C 69 66 65!