[Mediawiki-l] How do you enable the search for 3-character (or less) searchstrings?

Brion Vibber brion at wikimedia.org
Tue May 26 18:52:57 UTC 2009

El 5/26/09 2:49 AM, Claus Juhl Knudsen escribió:
> My search-mecanism doesn´t seem to work, when I search for 3 characters or
> less (ex. 'FBI')? What's the problem and how do I fix it? It works fine i
> Wikipedia.

Other posts have linked to general directions on tweaking the MySQL
search index length limit. You can also upgrade to MediaWiki 1.14 or
later, which works around the MySQL server's limit setting internally
without any configuration required.

After either method, you need to rebuild the search index
(maintenance/rebuildtextindex.php) or the new matches won't start
working until you edit them.

-- brion