[Mediawiki-l] Enabling the Common.js feature

Greg Webb gregw at zip.com.au
Sat May 23 09:30:22 UTC 2009

23/05/2009 19:24:09

You should be able to tell I'm a real newbie.

Do administrators enable the MediaWiki:Common.js function on their wiki
sites? The one I am working on is one of many running under an umbrella
MediaWiki system. All the sub-sites have the same LocalSettings.php file.
I'm wondering if it really is an issue having the Common.js enabled. I
thought if all sub-wiki admins were to protect the Common.js file then only
locally appointed admins could add code to the file. Any 'mistakes' would, I
assume, only affect the local sub-wiki, not other sub-wikis.

Are these fair assumptions or am I completely crazy? :-)