[Mediawiki-l] Password fail after upgrading 1.6.10 > 1.14.0

Django Boy Eijgensteijn djangoboy at gmail.com
Mon May 18 09:00:22 UTC 2009

Password fail after upgrading 1.6.10 > 1.14.0

   - MediaWiki version: 1.14.0 and 1.6.10
   - PHP version: Php 5
   - MySQL version: 5.0.77
I'm upgrading directly from the 1.6.10 to 1.14.0. I unpack the script from
the site. Erase LocalSettings.php. Everything works after commenting some
extensions. But, here is the problem. When trying to log in as SuperUser,
the password don't match. Ryan_Lane tryed to help me with IRC. I tryed :
$wgPasswordSalt = false; But doesn't work either.

I'm wondering if you know where i can change this. I think the password
could be crypt differently during the upgrades.

Kind Regards

Django Boy Eijgensteijn
@ : djangoboy at gmail.com
Skype : dj.ango23