[Mediawiki-l] help please $wgForeignFileRepos

Enrique enrique at banmet.cu
Wed May 13 02:14:57 UTC 2009

i'm trying configure my local wikipedia with this directive to see images of
commons on my wiki.
putting this on my Localsettings.php but don't see any change.

$wgForeignFileRepos[] = array(
   'class'                   => 'ForeignAPIRepo',
   'name'                    => 'shared',
   'apibase'                 => 'http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/api.php',
   'fetchDescription'        => true, // Optional
   'descriptionCacheExpiry'  => 43200, // 12 hours, optional
   'apiThumbCacheExpiry'     => 43200, // 12 hours, optional, but required
for local thumb caching
);

this is rigth and possible?? now my server is on my local intranet behind a
proxy server my cuestion is if its possible to do, in other case i can
configure an external interface. i need help with this please.