[Mediawiki-l] Memory exhausted in Bitmap.php, line 168

Tim Park timfpark at gmail.com
Mon May 11 19:49:36 UTC 2009

 Hi Folks,

After many many months of stable operation, on going to some of the image
pages on my site, I am getting the following error thrown under 1.10.1:

[11-May-2009 04:06:34] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 50331648
bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4416 bytes) in [snip]
/wiki/includes/media/Bitmap.php on line 168
I have done some searching on the web and a couple of other folks have
encountered this and have raised the amount of memory PHP is allowed.   This
doesn't solve the issue for me however.    I have looked at the images in
question and they are not overly large (one is 700KB another 500KB) and in
.jpg format.

Has anyone run into this and found a solution?

Thanks,
Tim