[Mediawiki-l] small worktask opportunity with reward for making a css style for our mediawiki

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at dejongehondenvanheemskerk.nl
Fri May 8 15:08:35 UTC 2009

Hello everybody,

I added a mediawiki installation to my debian machine on the following
page: http://www.dejongehondenvanheemskerk.nl/mediawiki/

The wikipage is part of basic website for a new dutch thinktank that
helps our government to use open standards and open source technologies:
http://www.dejongehondenvanheemskerk.nl/

I would like to have a nice CSS file that "tweaks" the mediawiki looks to
make it fit better with the main website.

Would somebody be willing to spent a little time on this and receive some
money or some other satisfying resolution? The result of the CSS does not
have to be perfect, it just have to look more integrated with the main site.

There are several suggestions how we could do this.

1) Just change the current CSS and leave the mediawiki on the same place,
change colors, images, backgrounds etcetera, This is the easies way I can
think of.

2) Or something that I would find really great, is to integrate the wiki
with the main site so the large top navigation links stay intact, and
inside the wiki page make the special wiki navigation, view and other
navigators appears.

It is not the allowed to change the php, because the wiki is on an good
maintained server that fully uses the Debian update systems. The new CSS
must also be an cascaded CSS of the standard current used one. The new
CSS must be CC-by-sa licensed or fully given to me so I may choice the
copyleft.

If you want, you can get a subversion account to get access to the html
and CSS of the main websites and all our other files, else use the public
part of the svn to work on the new CSS file.

Would somebody be willing to help out, I got no time doing the work
myself but I can coach and review when you want to do the task.

Would something like 50 euro for a nice 1) basic CSS and 100 euro for the
2) integrated CSS motivate somebody the make the CSS?

The payment can be done with PayPal or with an IBAN: or BIC: number.

Contact me in any way you prefer,

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Jelle de Jong