[Mediawiki-l] Announcing Easy Lucene Search for Mediawiki

Brion Vibber brion at wikimedia.org
Thu May 7 20:51:22 UTC 2009

El 5/7/09 1:46 PM, David Gerard escribió:
> 2009/5/7 Robert Cummings<robert at interjinn.com>:
>> On Thu, 2009-05-07 at 21:33 +0100, David Gerard wrote:
>
>>> I'm still looking forward to corporate readiness of MediaWiki, which
>>> for us basically means (1) good WYSIWYG
>
>> What's wrong with the FCKeditor extension?
>

> It's promising but not really cooked to the standard I'm thinking of.

*nod*

It's much more promising now than I was afraid it was going to be a year
or two ago, but there's a lot that still needs to be done (especially
before we even consider it for sites like Wikimedia).

Some of that groundwork is going to be things like friendlier link,
template, extension tag, table, and image editing that the usability
initiative will be working on over the coming months. A WYSIWYG view
only gets you so far if you have to switch to source view to actually
edit anything. :)

These can be integrated into the existing editor and would be available
to more advanced "basic editing" environments to make them suitable for
all uses, not just the simplest pages.

-- brion