[Mediawiki-l] Fwd: wiki versus Word

Evelyn Yoder eyoder at gmail.com
Fri May 1 17:40:54 UTC 2009

Hi everyone -

I sympathize with the struggle to introduce users to a new tool - they
resist because learning new things slows them down...they lose productivity
and it's frustrating.

I've been looking for a tool that allows users to have an editor with a
friendly UI that is compatible with MediaWiki, so I'm trying out this
combination:

OpenOffice Writer, (http://www.openoffice.org/) because it behaves like MS
Word, and Sun Wiki Publisher (
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/wikipublisher)<http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/wikipublisher>
,
because it promises a painless upload/download with MediaWiki. I'm
attempting to put it together now - I'll keep you posted

Also, this article is a great introduction to wiki use:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/os-social-mediawiki/index.html
Best,
Evelyn
Evelyn Yoder