[Mediawiki-l] installation problem

Martin Smith martinsm at gn.apc.org
Tue Mar 31 17:17:49 UTC 2009

I am trying to install version 1.14.0 on lunarpages site, I have
uploaded via scp from a mac running 10.5.6, have unpacked the tarball
and followed the recommended procedure to set up.
I am getting a 500 error in the browser, and the error log shows the
following 2 lines
[Tue Mar 31 09:20:45 2009] [error] [client 80.177.154.53] Premature end
of script headers: /home/mydomain/public_html/wiki/index.php
SoftException in Application.cpp:544: Directory
"/home/silve112/public_html/wiki" is writeable by group

note, I have successfully set this up on a freebsd box to test at home,
can someone please point me to what is wrong here, a permissions
problem? Or is it a corrupted upload?
--
Martin